Meghan Markle’s dad is making a documentary about his life and his relationship with his daughter before they became estranged, it is reported.
Thomas Markle Snr, 76, said the film will feature previously unseen home video footage of his daughter and his favourite photo of his “baby girl”.
Some of the questions it will explore are “what happened to my baby girl” and “what went wrong”, he added.
The documentary will focus on his upbringing, his time in Hollywood as a Daytime Emmy Award-winning lighting director, and “my life with Meghan”, from when she was a child to the beginning of her acting career.
Mr Markle said he is working with a cinematographer and hopes to complete the film by the end of 2021.
It comes as Meghan sues Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline, over publication of a letter the Duchess wrote to her estranged father in August 2018, five months after he missed her wedding to Prince Harry.
Mr Markle could be called to testify if the case proceeds to a trial later this year.
His evidence forms part of Associated Newspapers’ defence against Meghan’s allegation of breach of privacy, copyright and data protection, according to documents filed at the High Court.
He said the new documentary will offer a more “complete” picture after taking part in a film that aired on Channel 5 last year.
The dad-of-three, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, told the Sun: “It begins with my life, my family, my love of theatre and television and how I got there.
“Then my life with Meghan, growing up, her school days until she went off to college, and when her career began.
Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Queen, Charles, Wiliaml, Kate, Harry, Meghan, George, Charlotte, Louis and the rest of the family.
We’ll send the best Royal news directly to your inbox so you never have to miss a thing. Sign up to our newsletter here.
“We had a good life together, up through her first marriage and her move to Canada. Then a new story begins. It’s kind of like ‘What happened to my baby girl?'”
Meghan, 39, Harry, 36, and their son Archie, who turns two in May, are now living in a mansion near Los Angeles after the couple stepped down from their royal duties at the end of March last year.
They have signed a lucrative deal to record and produce podcasts for streaming giant Spotify.
William “Will Be Concerned” That Harry Is “Trying To Take Ownership Of The Diana Legacy”
The deal, involving their production company Archewell Audio, is estimated to be worth around £30million.
The announcement came a few months after the couple signed a Netflix deal to produce a range of programmes and series, rumoured to be worth more than £100million.
Meanwhile, a royal author claims Meghan brought a “gift” to the Royal Family that was “not appreciated” by Prince William and Kate before Megxit.
And ITV news presenter Tom Bradby said this week that Megxit resulted in “a lot of hurt feelings on all sides” with Harry “heartbroken” by the situation with his family
He also said the process of walking away from their royal roles and setting up life in America “has just been incredibly painful” for Harry and Meghan.